What is Bag4Life?
Bag4Life is much more than a baby bag with a starter kit and equipment. Bag4Life means direct support through home visits by a nurse and a number of services to mother and child during the first two years.
Chimalaya Charity is the first organization in in Nepal to offer visits to the mother and her newborn baby at home by a nurse – according to the Danish model.
When you donate 300 kr to a Bag4Life, you make it possible for Chimalaya Charity sending a health visitor out to the mothers immediately after birth. The bag is adapted to the newborn Nepalese children and their parents and offers locally made baby clothes, nappies, a sling, and other products such as soap, disinfectants and thermometer. In this way, Chimalaya Charity supports the local community and each Bag4Life provides Chimalaya Charity with the opportunity to build loyalty to mothers and families. This allows you - and us – to help more children to get a better start in life and reduce the risk of malnutrition.
With a DKK 300 Bag4Life you donate the following:
- Home visits by a nurse of health worker
- Baby bag with clothes, nappies, care products and equipment
- Guidance in breastfeeding, and care of the baby
- Participation in mother group with jointly with other mothers
- Education in nutrition, hygiene and cooking
- Health examinations of mother and child
- Helping vulnerable mothers and children in remote areas through our mobile mothers / outreach camps
Thank you for your support and help to reduce malnutrition.